Thursday, April 17, 2008

Thought From Kermit



Tadpole, wiggling in the water,
Brand new world is there for you to see.
Lots of time till you grow up to be
A big frog like me.

Tadpole, haven't got a worry,
Biggest job is swimming peacefully.
Wonder if you know you'll grow up to be
A big frog like me.

Changes happen as time passes by.
Soon enough, you'll be grown,
With a home on a lily pad
And some tadpoles of your own.

Oh, little tadpole wiggling in the water
Far from all responsibility.
Take your time till you grow up to be
A big frog like me.
Tadpole, take your time to be
A big, green, grown-up frog like me.

My little tadpoles are growing so fast. Being a mother is really bitter-sweet. I love watching my girls grow and learn new things, but I know that they will be grown-up before I want them to be. I would love to stop time. I would love to hold my babies in my arms and rock them to sleep as I did a few years ago. I used to be able to hold both of them comfortably. They have grown so much. Now I have to hold them and kiss them one at a time. I will continue to hold them and kiss them for as long as they let me. I love the picture of the teenage son on his mother's lap in the book, I'll Love You Forever. Do you think my girls will still let me hold them and kiss them when they are teenagers? Nope. Probably not!

Check out our first picture as a family. Look how young they were! That was only three years ago. Where has the time gone? I've got to cherish every moment...play with them and love them every day before my little tadpoles turn into frogs.


I'm adding a couple of pictures to this post....

Wasn't it just yesterday that one of my friends gave Rachel this jacket to match a similar jacket of mine? She told me it was the smallest size they had, but not to worry because she would grow into it soon. I remember thinking, "It's huge. She will never grow into that jacket."

Boy, was I wrong. Her panda jacket has been her favorite jacket this year. She wore it on our recent trip to Canada. I can't believe it fits her. Where did that little baby go?

0 comments: