I need to do housework. I need to mow the lawn. I need to get rid of some weeds. So what do I do when the weather is FINALLY sunny and I have free time? Go see the tulip fields of course!!!
70 degrees!! Really! I thought spring would never come. It is supposed to rain for the next few days and temperatures are supposed to drop into the 50s again, but it's really coming. I'm watching the summer countdown closely. I need to add one more day because we have to go an additional day to make up one snow day. Just one though....last year was horrible. Lots of snow, flood, power outages causing no school. We went to school almost to July. This year June 12th is the last day! YIPPEE! I will tell my fourth graders that they need to work hard, focus, and be tenacious (great vocabulary word), but little do they know that their teacher is much more excited about summer than they are.
Anyway, I digress...back to the tulips. We were about a week too early. There were many tulips that haven't bloomed yet, but there were still plenty that have bloomed. The daffodils were in bloom and they were beautiful. Daffodils are my favorite spring flower. I love the poem "Daffodils" by William Wordsworth. "I wander'd lonely as a cloud that floats on high o'er vales and hills...And then my heart with pleasure fills, and dances with the daffodils." I read this poem to my aunt when I saw her for the last time. I also placed a daffodil on her casket. Daffodils weren't her favorite flower, but I'll still think of her when I see them. My heart danced with the daffodils yesterday.
Rachel and Erin Joy enjoyed running around a grassy field next to the tulip fields. They had fun chasing each other and throwing grass at each other. My favorite pictures are the ones with them running carefree through the grass. Oh, to be young again...
I took too many pictures, of course, so I had to make a little movie. I downloaded a free telephone ringtone of "Tiptoe Through the Tulips" because I didn't want to pay real money for a song I will probably never use again. After that song, I added a synthesized version of Vivaldi's Spring. Enjoy...
Bad Internet
1 day ago










1 comments:
Ah... the joy of springtime. Cute gals.
Lisa
(SALDS)
Post a Comment