Saturday, November 1, 2008

Happy Halloween


Our Halloween was very busy and very fun.  We started our fun-filled night by trick-or-treating at a few local stores, fire station, and police station.  We went to several friend's homes.  The girls had full buckets in just a short amount of time.


We then went to a Halloween Carnival at our friends' church.  It was a lot of fun.  The girls filled up sacks with candy, toys, and trading cards of the characters from last summer's VBS.  The "Slime Time" theme was very appropriate.  

Erin Joy is crashed out on the couch because after two hot dogs (we ate at the police station AND the Halloween carnival), two donuts, (she helped Rachel finish hers), and too much candy her stomach couldn't handle all the food.  Why am I up at 3:00 in the morning?  I just finished cleaning up her mess.  We both had to have a shower.  The cat was helping me clean up the disgusting mess on floor by eating it so I threw her outside.  I'm feeling a little guilty because I hope nobody hurts my sweet black kitty on Halloween night.  Rachel slept through the whole thing.  I even sprinkled baking soda all over the carpet and vacuumed and she continued to sleep.

I really hope her tummy troubles are due to eating too much and NOT caused by the two different medications she is taking for her allergic reaction earlier in the week.  She doesn't have a fever so I'm hoping it is just a case of "Halloween Over-Indulgence."

Here is a quick movie of our fun adventures (I wish I would have washed the ketchup off of Erin Joy's face before I started taking pictures....sheesh....)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw your blog name and wondered if you had a "joy". I do. She is 12 1/2, from Hefei, Anhui, PRC. When you wrote about Erin Joy's hives, I wondered about an allergic reaction to a virus. I have known several people who have had allergic reactions to viruses. Then I read where she vomited and had a fever (after Halloween fun) and diarrhea after her surgery. Maybe you could ask her PEDI doc about it. Regardless, thank goodness for epi-pins! Just two cents from a perfect stranger. BTW--your girls are beautiful. I'll bet your days are filled with fun.

Carolyn (in Las Vegas)

Stacey said...

I think my girls are cute too and we do have a lot of fun.

She has an appointment with an allergy doctor next week and I sure hope we figure out what is causing her troubles.