Tuesday, November 11, 2008

New Decor



A good place for the lawn mower during flood season is in the house by the front door. I can't balance it on the shelves in the garage so it is adding beauty to my living room decor at the moment. (My house is six feet up and shouldn't flood, but the garage is vulnerable.)

We are packed and ready to stay at a friend's house if we have to evacuate.

The river is supposed to be in flood stage again tomorrow. We'll see. It is two feet lower than the prediction so hopefully it will remain that way.

A nice fireman knocked at our door and talked to us about the flood watch.  (It is still a watch...not a warning yet...)  I was disappointed that it wasn't the pizza delivery boy.  We have stayed in our pajamas all day.  The girls have watched movies, played, ate Halloween candy, and I have scrapbooked.  Thanks Veterans!  We had a great day!

I let Bella into the bed with Rachel after Erin Joy woke up this morning. I still need to wash all the bedding. I can't believe Erin Joy is allergic to our cat. I'm going to brush her, give her baths, and leave her outside as much as possible. I hope that helps Erin Joy enough so that I don't have to find a new home for Bella. Funny, I never wanted a cat and it took the girls a long time to convince me to get a cat and now Bella is just part of the family. I can't imagine giving her away...

1 comments:

lamamachina said...

Oh, I hope it all works out and Bella gets to stay inside.

And I hope that you don't have to evacuate. Wow, I thought dealing with hurricanes was bad, this flooding is awful!

We love black cats!