We had to take advantage of the sun and play at a beach by Puget Sound. It was a marvelous day. Rachel didn't want to be in pictures. She's tired of Mom taking too many pictures. Erin Joy happily posed for me though.

We came home to a gorgeous sunset by the river. By the time I got my camera, the sunset was pretty much gone. Imagine a beautiful pink sky.It felt great to see the beach. The beautiful sunset is behind those beautiful trees. As my father said when he was visiting, "The scenery is beautiful here, but it's too bad you can't see it with all these trees in the way." Silly man. The trees just add to the beauty.
Of course, I have to admit that the sunset outside of my parent's front door is breathtaking. (Erin Joy was posing with olives on her fingers while we were visiting last summer.)This is what the river looked like a few days ago:

Here is the same spot tonight...notice the sand..the tree in the previous picture was to my left farther up on the beach:













1 comments:
I can see it both ways Stacey. sometims in Georgia and NC I would feel closed in by all the trees. It is much more open to me here in WA but I'm sure to your Dad it feels like there are trees everywhere! The sunsets in Idaho are something to behold. I'm not sure what makes them so breathtaking there. I guess there are not any mountains of consequence or any clouds to the west to block the sun as it sets.
Post a Comment