Monday, November 10, 2008

Santa Letters

We were shopping a few days ago and Rachel began begging me for a toy.  After refusing her request, she said, "I wish you had as much money as Santa Claus.  He always brings me lots of toys and you never buy me anything."

Silly girl.

I went home and ordered the toy she was asking for online (one for Erin Joy too).  Santa can bring it.  He certainly does have more money than I have.  Maybe Santa will come and pay off my credit card bill....

We wrote letters to Santa to make sure he has enough time to fulfill requests. My girls are allowed to ask for one thing. Erin Joy has wanted an I-Pod for a long time.  Both girls like listening to mine.  An I-Pod?  Last year, she wanted a pink ball.  That was easy.  There were pink balls at the dollar store.  She's lucky I saw MP3 players (1 GB) in the last Scholastic book club order for only $20.00.  They come with a few stories already recorded.  I thought it would be a good idea for the girls to have a MP3 player for our airplane ride so I let her ask for one.

Here is Erin Joy's letter asking for an I-Pod (the picture is a self-portrait of herself listening to an I-Pod):Rachel wants a scooter.  Oh good.  Santa already bought two scooters and they are sitting on the top shelf in the garage waiting for Christmas.  (There are several other presents on the top shelf.  I have learned to put important things on the top shelf.  If the crazy river floods, I will NEVER lose Christmas presents or Christmas decorations again.  I will never forget my sweet neighbor giving me Christmas ornaments after I cried to her about being upset about losing Christmas decorations.  She lost more in the flood than I did and it was so sweet of her to think about me during her time of loss.)

Anyway, here is the translation for Rachel's letter:

Dear Santa Claus,
I want a scooter.  Thank-you for all the presents.
Love, Rachel

Please bring a present for my mommy.  My mommy wants a big panda bear.  She really wants a Webkinz panda bear.

Bella the cat too.

I think it is sweet that she always asks for something for me too.  One year after opening so many presents, she stopped and said, "Why didn't Santa bring anything for you, Mommy?"

Santa now always brings me presents too.  He is bringing me a panda Webkinz.  He'll bring me some chips and salsa too.  That's going to be a tradition.  Maybe he'll bring me some Almond Roca too.

Hurry Santa, hurry!


1 comments:

Lisa and Tate said...

your girls sound so cute! I just love that Rachel wants you to get a Panda webkinz.... Hmmmm- who do you think will be playing with that one? Really sweet though, that Rachel wants you to get gifts as well. I think Santa is making some great choices for you too!