Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I'll Rest Well Tonight

The river crested at about noon today. It didn't even get as high as it did last week. It was predicted to be two feet higher than last week. I'm so glad the prediction was wrong. It was supposed to rain 10-12 inches in the mountains and 8-10 inches near the mountains where I live. It ended up raining 6 inches. Phew. It is still raining, but not as heavily. There is even sun in the forecast.

I gave myself high blood pressure for nothing. Our car was packed with overnight suitcases and sleeping bags. I'm very glad we didn't need them although Erin Joy is very sad that we aren't staying at our friends' house tonight. I want to say it is because prayer really works, but I know others living by neighboring rivers were praying too. Other rivers in the area are flooding. I feel for everybody affected by the recent flooding. It is no fun to clean up after a flood.

I took the pictures when the river was about 11 feet high. It reached 13.68 feet before it crested. The trees are on the beach where we like picnic and build sandcastles during the summer.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear that you all are safe!

lamamachina said...

I've been watching this on TV and it's terrible. I am so glad to hear that you are all safe and that you home remains dry.

Ada