Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving Report

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving with our cousins.  We are so grateful that our cousins moved from Georgia and now live 2 hours south of us.  We are so happy to have family close!!!  We spent a wonderful weekend with them at their house.  We were joined by our other closest family members living on the other side of the mountains about 5-6 hours away.  


Thanksgiving Day we ate too much.  I had the best pecan pie I have ever tasted.  Ditto for the homemade stuffing with homemade breadcrumbs shipped from a neighbor's father's bakery.  Ditto for the wonderful sweet potatoes.  I definitely ate too much....

The kids had fun playing together.  They also wrote with quills and berry ink like the colonists did.  

Notice the "Respect the Bird" sign in the photo above.  (Sorry it's blurry....) My cousin gets a little irritated that Christmas seems to begin after Halloween and people ignore Thanksgiving.I have to admit that I have been listening to Christmas music for at least a month already.  My presents are all purchased and wrapped too.  I love Christmas and I dislike shopping.  I love to do fun things in December and not worry about gifts.

Anyway, back to Thanksgiving.....Thanksgiving really is an important holiday.  I certainly have so many things to be thankful for.  I am so thankful for my girls.  I can't imagine life without them.  I'm thankful to have family close.  I'm very thankful for my Savior.  I could go on and on....my life is full of blessings and things to be thankful for. 
THANKSGIVING DINNER KID TABLE


WRITING WITH QUILLS AND BERRY INK

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On Friday, we went swimming at a great community center swimming pool.  The kids had a great time.  Here are a few of the many pictures......


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 On Saturday,  (today), we walked around a nature trail and ended at a park.  We then took advantage of free carriage rides and free train rides at a great furniture store near my cousins' house.  We enjoyed driving over a lighted covered bridge too.  We missed seeing Santa by a few minutes, but nobody was too disappointed.  We'll see him again I'm sure.

peeking through a cool stump along the trail

This group of kids were the first to arrive at the park at the end of our nature trail walk.  They thought it was funny to hide from the adults.  They had a lot of fun playing together.  They even got their dads to run around and play freeze tag with them.  I enjoyed watching while sitting on a bench.



TRAIN RIDE


CARRIAGE RIDE

SITTING IN SANTA'S EMPTY CHAIR (we missed Santa by a few minutes...shucks...we'll see him again this season I'm sure...besides who needs Santa when you have great cousins....)

1 comments:

Dan Ward said...

It was a great weekend We had lots of fun and shared lots of laughs. :)