Monday, December 1, 2008

Six Years Ago

On December 1, 2002, I held my daughter for the first time. While other families waited patiently to officially receive their babies from a government worker, I just went into the room where the babies were playing and took mine.  I was reprimanded, but I didn't even care.  

What a magical moment that was.  I remember thinking if nothing else good ever happened in my life it wouldn't matter.  That brief, but unforgettable moment in time filled me with enough happiness to last a life time.  

My dream of being a mother was finally realized the day I held Rachel.  What a tiny, sweet, precious angel God had blessed me with.  I loved her before I met her.  I loved her when I met her and I love her today.  My life is so full.  Thank-you, Rachel.  

Every year on our special day, Rachel places an ornament on her "Adoption Tree."  The last picture is the picture taken today.  The other pictures are photos of her taken every year on her forever family day.  It was fun for me to see how much she has grown and changed over the years.  The little tree used to be taller than her.  

RACHEL AND HER ADOPTION TREE THROUGH THE YEARS

December 1, 2003
December 1, 2004

December 1, 2005

December 1, 2006

December 1, 2007


December 1, 2008



Here is a little memory video with pictures of Rachel through the years:



2 comments:

lamamachina said...

omg, I can't stop crying.

I can't take your videos ~ they are too beautiful.

Congratulations to all of you on this very special day.

And best wishes for many many many more happy years

Ada

Anonymous said...

Happy Adoption day! That is a wonderful tradition and beautiful memories of adopting Rachel. She is a beautiful girl! and lucky to have you!