Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Rachel Moments

Last Friday, Santa visited the first grade. All the kids got to sit on Santa's lap and ask him for something. Rachel asked for a DS. I asked her why she asked for a DS and she said, "because everybody else did." The secretary standing by me asked her what a DS was and Rachel responded, "I don't know."

She was the superstar last week (birthday week). One of the questions she had to answer was what she wanted to be when she grew up. She wrote "plsman" (policeman). I questioned her about this because she has never wanted to be a policeman before. Recently she has wanted to be a horse trainer, a teacher, an artist, a pet doctor, and a puppy trainer, but she has never mentioned a policeman. She told me she decided to say that because that's what another student wanted to be during his week.

Sheesh....she's succumbing to peer pressure!

The other day she asked me if it was worse to get fired or worse to change your card (behavior system in her classroom). Many mornings as I'm trying to drag her out of bed I say, "Hurry up! One of these days I'm going to be fired for being late all the time." Anyway, I told her it was worse to change your card :)

One of my fellow co-workers came to my classroom and told me that she had just yelled at my daughter. Apparently there was loud giggling, screaming, laughing, and all sorts of noise coming from the bathroom. The teacher said very sternly, "Come out now and stop playing in the bathroom." Rachel and one of her friends sheepishly walked out.

0 comments: