I am so grateful to have a good friend who offered to drive us to Seattle in his four wheel drive vehicle for Erin Joy's 13th and FINAL laser treatment (she will need treatments every 3-5 years, but years is so much better than every 2-3 months). He is my home teacher. The best home teacher I have ever had and I really appreciate it! I really wanted to keep this appointment because I have already paid the insurance deductible for 2008 and I would have to pay it again in January if the surgery had to be rescheduled.
He not only drove us to Seattle, but he and his wonderful son played with Rachel all morning while I was with Erin Joy. They played and he bought her breakfast at the hospital cafeteria and toys at the gift shop.
The freeway wasn't bad at all, but the residential roads were still pretty icy and snow packed...especially in my own neighborhood. I was very grateful he drove. I really don't know if I could have made it in my car. I didn't want to find out....
It was fun to get out of the house...even if it was a trip to the hospital. This is the first laser appointment I have actually really looked forward to. Not only is it the last treatment, it was a great excuse to get out of the house.
Erin Joy was doing fine after surgery so we went to one of our favorite places for hot and sour soup and Chinese food. I ordered a bunch of take out so we can eat it for Christmas Eve dinner and Christmas and probably the rest of this week. Who needs ham and turkey?? We like Chinese food in our house!
When we got home, the power went out. AGAIN. I'm getting tired of this. It was out for a couple of hours so I decided it was time to find a flashlight. (Generally, it goes out and comes back on within five minutes or so).
I then became frustrated because I couldn't find a flashlight (we have several....) I was cross with my girls because they have been playing with them. "You need to keep them on the table so we can find them when it gets dark," I said very firmly to them. I was too angry with them and they were upset. Rachel sat down and started to pray that the power would come back on and her mommy wouldn't be so mad. Erin Joy joined her simple prayer. Almost immediately, the power came back on. Some might think it was a coincidence because our power has been going on and off for a week now, but I think it was the simple faith of my girls that restored power.
They are both playing happily and eating chips. I need to finish this blog entry, take the chips away, and feed them some real food. We can have something warm for dinner tonight because we have electricity! All is well.
We were up bright and early for Erin Joy's laser treatment. (Notice how much lighter her birthmark is now!)
Erin Joy watched a lot of cartoons while waiting a very long time for her turn.
Good night, sweet angel!
Having lunch with their good buddy, Marshall:
Recovering nicely while playing Littlest Petshop.
The girls like to hang them upside down from the table and pretend they are bats (they are magnetic). Erin Joy is a little bruised and a little swollen, but not bad. She doesn't have any black spots or blisters. It was successful!










0 comments:
Post a Comment