Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I've Always Wanted to go to Alaska....

...but I never thought Alaska would come to me.  We were dumped on with a bunch of snow...eight inches according to my ruler.  It is supposed to continue snowing.  School was cancelled today and I'd be surprised if we had school tomorrow.  Snow days are fun as long as the power isn't out.  It's a day with nothing planned and it seems as if the whole world stops because nobody can get out of their driveways.  It's a free day to sleep, play, and relax.  Unfortunately, every day we miss now, we have to make up in June.  Shucks.

The girls played nicely all morning.  I'm not kidding.  I did the laundry, dishes, and then played Webkinz on the computer.  I sure hope Santa brings me my own Webkinz so I don't have to play on my kids' accounts :)

I thought I would just wait until they started arguing and then we would go outside and play.  They never argued.  I just got bored.  I had to convince them to go outside with me because they were having so much fun.

We had fun sledding at the lake by our house.  The girls then began a new game...throw snowballs at Mom and try to hit the camera.  They were successful.  It fogged the lens up.  Thank goodness the lens was fine after going home. The girls are now playing nicely in the bathtub. 

Playing without fighting all day??  Can it be true??  I think I'm dreaming.....

 I have enough pictures to make another movie but I won't bore you again.  Here are a few of my favorite pictures from today's adventures in the snow:

My girls being pulled up the road...notice it isn't plowed...it will never be plowed...I don't think anybody owns a plow....

Snow covered lake near our home:

Ready for sledding:
FUN TIMES!










Pull Rachel, Pull!
Trying to hit the camera with snowballs:

Foggy lens....
Warming up and playing nicely in the tub:

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like so much fun! =)