Monday, November 3, 2008

In Honor of Erin Joy...

....please consider making a donation to Love Without Boundaries to help one of these beautiful children receive surgery to remove/reduce hemangiomas.  One girl passed away shortly after arriving by plane.  This makes me so sad.  Maybe we can make a difference by helping another child.


Dr. Lisa Buckmiller is a vascular anomalies specialist from Arkansas.  She is in China now to help this children.  She has a daughter adopted China with a hemangioma.  You can read about her daughter on the LWB site.

I have a special place in my heart for children with birthmarks.  Please click here and go to the bottom of the page to another link that will take you to the donation page and consider making a donation (if I had more money, I would just pay for everybody's surgery and not make this plea, but I can't....)

2 comments:

Wife of the Pres. said...

Hi Stacey, Thank you for your comments on my blog about my question. I got so many wonderful comments from people who understood my feelings. Thank you! Your daughters are beautiful and I love the Halloween pics too! I wanted to let you know that someone commented on my blog that they wanted to share some information with you. She has a son with a PWS (hope I spelled that right) and just said that she could relate to your post in so many ways. Her son is now 14 and it sounds like he has been through many treatments too. I loved what you said at the end of your post about why make them go through it, but unfortunately we live in a jaded and judgmental world that does not look at the heart enough and instead focuses on outward appearances that they see as "imperfect." So unfortunate but your testimony about your beautiful daughter speaks volumes. Hugs to you.

Marissa said...

Hi Stacey! Your 3 comments were totally something I'd write, I'm SUCH a perfectionist! ;)

Now that you said Dr. Buckmiller I know you're in good hands, YAY!!! Dr Milton Waner is the doctor that Dr. Buckmiller worked with before he branched off to NYC and was who I mentioned on Leslie's blog. Dr. Buckmiller was actually who we were to originally see but Dr Waner was able to squeeze us in and we flew to NY rather than Arkansas. I'm so happy you're working with one of the best for your daughter!!! :)

We actually found Dr Waner on Discovery Health - during an episode on hemangiomas & PWS. I was so energized by a doctor that didn't insist on a 'wait & see' approach (heck, my son was TEN and no one would yet touch him). I tracked him down via the internet after that episode.

Take care & come back to my blog anytime! *hugs*