Saturday, May 17, 2008

Adventures With Flat Scott

Flat Scott is visiting us from Idaho. We took him to the same places we took Flat Kaci and Flat Chen-Le. Saturdays are Chinese Dance/Language Class so we have to do something close to class. While Rachel was at class, Erin Joy and I took him to Carkeek Park by Puget Sound (Inlet of the Pacific Ocean.) Erin Joy was too scared to take him down the Salmon slide so poor Flat Scott just had to look at it. She wouldn't play on any of the playground equipment. She was acting very shy. Eventually, we just went on a little nature walk through the park.

While Erin Joy was at dance class, Rachel and I took him to our favorite restaurant for hot and sour soup. We love the waiter. He teases Rachel and she enjoys every minute of it. He is always amazed that Rachel loves spicy food. Rachel really loves hot and sour soup and she loves ma-po tofu which is also very spicy. Flat Scott loved the food too. He also enjoyed learning that he was born in the year of the snake. He likes snakes. Rachel was also born in the year of the snake, but she doesn't like snakes and would love to be another sign on the Chinese Zodiac. Flat Scott got a great fortune. Something about traveling with friends...I can't remember it exactly, but I did take a picture of Flat Scott holding it so watch for it in the slide show.

After coming home, we took Flat Scott to play at the Stillaguamish River across the street from our house. The river is a little high so there wasn't very much sand to play in, but he still had fun building castles, shopping malls, swimming pools, and hotels. He enjoyed catching a frog and being buried to his head in the sand.

Flat Scott is going to stay with us for awhile because he loves baseball. He just can't visit our house without going to a Mariner's game. We will take him to a game in June. Stay tuned for more adventures with Flat Scott in a few weeks.


1 comments:

Ted & Mellisa said...

Scott says "Thanks for the slideshow! It looks like I had a great time. I wish I was there for real. I can't wait for the Mariner's game!"

See you in a few weeks!