Friday, January 30, 2009

And I Thought I Had it Bad...




A family returned from adopting two children from Uganda just a couple of months ago. They have 10 children, one child is waiting for them in China. On January 14th, their house burned down. They are currently living in a motel. I have been displaced from my home before (flooding, power outages, and just recently a crazy mudslide) and I know how hard it is. I can imagine the two children recently adopted are having a hard time adjusting and this is just making it worse.

I am so thankful I have a house. Even if it is a mess right now, even if my insurance isn't covering anything, even if the cost to fix the bank is more than the value of my property, even if I have to hire an attorney to help me through the legal mess.....at least I have a house.

There are many ways we can help this family in need. The first link is to a blog with ways to help, the second link is to the family blog where you can read information about the fire and about their family.

ways to help

family blog

0 comments: