At least all the rain is making the snow melt..there isn't much left...
The river is up to the picnic tables in the park across the street from my house.
The prediction has changed again. Now the river is supposed to crest at 16.75 feet tomorrow morning. That's lower, but it will still get my house. Darn. There is water in my garage anyway. The trees, mud, and whatever that slid into my house created a steep cliff with several little waterfalls. The waterfalls have filled my yard and seeped into the garage. The fire department said that my house didn't have any structural damage. The tree didn't actually fall on my house as I previously thought, it slid into my house and just branches are on the house. A geologist from the DEM (department of Emergency Management) will be by tomorrow or Friday to determine the stability of the slope.
I'm spending the night at a friend's house. I'm still at work now. I went home to get a few things and I took a few pictures.
The new bank...free of trees, blackberries, and now full of little waterfalls coming from springs inside the bank and rain runoff...










2 comments:
Looks pretty scary Stacy. We're thinking about driving up to see you tomorrow if you think you'll be around.
It looks like its going down now, have you been over to your house to see how high the water got?
Post a Comment