Thursday, January 1, 2009

Disneyland Report

We have had a blast at Disneyland.  What a great way to welcome a new year.  We have enjoyed shows, parades, and a lot of rides.  The girls enjoyed breakfast with five princesses this morning.  Rachel has decided that she wants to work at Disneyland when she is older.  She wants to be one of the princesses and live in Minnie Mouse's house.  She wants a house like Minnie...complete with a plastic couch.


Rachel favorite ride was Autopia because she loves driving and was thrilled that she got her own driver's license.  We had to go on this ride twice.  She also loved Tuck and Roll bumper cars.  She did not enjoy the rides with special effects.  She got scared very easily.  When she got scared in Alice in Wonderland by the Queen, I knew we were in trouble.  I told her to close her eyes and plug her ears when she got scared.  That worked fairly well.

Erin Joy loved riding the train around and around and around.  She also loved the the Flying Dumbo ride.  I asked her what she liked the best and she said cotton candy and bacon (at the princess breakfast).  Unlike her older sister, she wasn't afraid of anything and would have happily gone on any ride.  

My favorite part of Disneyland were the shows and parades.  The entertainment here is excellent.  I really enjoyed the Fantasmic light/laser/water show last night followed by a spectacular firework display.  It was a great way to welcome in the new year. (Poor Erin Joy feel asleep on the hard sidewalk and Rachel HATED the show because it was too loud.  She is very sensitive to loud noises.  She covered her ears and cried during the show.  I felt a little guilty, but it was such a great show that I made them both endure it.)

We just returned from swimming in our hotel's great swimming area.  The girls have loved playing in the pirate water park and I have enjoyed it because I can sit in the hot tub and watch the girls play at the same time.  Nice!

We are looking forward to going to the San Diego zoo tomorrow.  I can't wait to see Bai Yun, my favorite panda, and her cub Zhen Zhen.

Happy New Year everybody!

1 comments:

Lisa and Tate said...

Happy New Year!!! What a fab time you are having!