Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Moving to Disneyland

I'm ready to go back to Disneyland. I thought we had an earthquake this morning. I turned on the radio to listen and nobody was talking about an earthquake so it couldn't have been an earthquake. I thought maybe I imagined it, but it woke Rachel up, the cat was scared, and Erin Joy heard it too. When I went outside to go to work, I was greeted by a tree on my house and a landslide. The bank next to my house is now in my yard. I guess those darn blackberry roots weren't strong enough to hold the bank.

I am very thankful the tree is on the roof and rain gutter and didn't come through the house. It was a small tree. I'm very grateful it didn't come through the house because it would have landed where Rachel was sleeping.

I called the fire department, but they couldn't come right over because they were busy getting people out of their houses because of flooding. Yes, the silly river is flooding. Over three feet of snow followed by a lot of rain and warm weather is making the river rise. It is flooding at 14 feet now. It is supposed to crest at 14.88 feet tonight at 10:00. It won't flood my house until 16 feet. In 2006, it reached 23 feet...that's the record. We better not break any records tonight.

Anybody want to buy a house? It comes with a tree on it and a river flowing through it. I just got a phone call from a reporter. Humm....do I want to be in the news??

I'm definitely moving to Disneyland...the happiest place on earth.

1 comments:

lamamachina said...

oh my! I'll keep fingers and toes crossed that you don't get water inside.