Thursday, August 14, 2008

Another Great Day at Jetty Island



We love Jetty Island! Yesterday we enjoyed a puppet show by the public library, making a necklace, and blowing bubbles. It was a perfect day for Jetty Island. As the tide came in, we ran to rescue our sand toys. I left the lid off the small cooler. The seagulls helped themselves to our lunch. One seagull flew off with a big bag of goldfish. Silly birds. Once when Rachel was about two years old, we were enjoyed a day at Jetty Island and a seagull pooped on her head. That was before I blogged. I just happened to be video taping her at the time and I caught it on video. I'll have to find it. It's pretty funny.

Today we are going to the zoo. Saturday, we will be going on a hike. We have to squeeze in as much fun stuff as possible because next week I have to get my classroom ready. The week after that I will be at boring teacher meetings and the following week school starts.

I dread the beginning of school. I love to teach. I don't know why I am dreading it so much. I just prefer letting my kids sleep as long as they want to. (Rachel is HORRIBLE at waking up during the school year.) I hate taking my kids to daycare. I love to play with my kids all day. I love having only fun things on the calendar.

OK....I'm not going to talk about school anymore. I'm just going to get the most out of my last few free days.....

1 comments:

christine.le-maux said...

Oh I know this , I will be back to work at my college on the september 1 and I really dread the start of the scholl year , I like teaching , really , netherless every year it is a little harder , it's so great to spend all my time with my girls , having time for fun and don't be running all the day
But we need money to raise our cuties and no husband to bring money home , arghhh finances !!!
Courage !
Christine ,sorry for her bad american