Monday, August 4, 2008

Tooth Fairy Time!

Rachel lost her first tooth in the car on the way back from Portland!  She is so excited!  Me too!  I had a little pain in my heart though...I remember when she had only four little teeth.  Now they are starting to fall out.  


The Tooth Fairy is bringing a special Susan B. Anthony dollar.  The Tooth Fairy will leave the tooth so Rachel can throw it on the roof.  Apparently, in China when a bottom tooth falls out, it is thrown on the roof so the permanent tooth will grow straight and tall.  When a top tooth falls out, it is buried so the incoming tooth will grow straight down.  I read this in a children's book.  I have no idea whether it is true or not, but it sounds fun.  We'll throw the tooth on the roof tomorrow.

One gone...more to fall out soon I'm sure.  Her other bottom tooth is loose and will be the next to fall out.

Ready for bed with her special tooth fairy pillow.

1 comments:

Lisa and Tate said...

Kind of bittersweet when a gal looses her first tooth. A sure sign of leaving the babyhood and into the kidhood.... I will say toothless kidhood is adorable too!

Lisa (SALDS)